That's right, in contrast to lots of parents, I love taking the children to soft play. This is why:
- The children love it.
- Because they love it, it can be used for bribery purposes ("Harry, if you stay in bed tomorrow until the sun comes up on your Groclock, then we will go to soft play").
- The children burn off so much energy that an afternoon nap for Mia is a given and there's a good chance that Harry will be happy to sit quietly on the sofa in front of the television for a bit too.
- It's indoors so not weather dependent.
- If you arrive as soon as it opens then you have a good hour and a half before it gets too busy, and that's usually plenty of time for us anyway.
- I can drive right up to it and park easily outside.
- At our local one, if you buy a monthly pass and use it then the cost isn't too bad.
- It's good exercise for the adults too (I actually quite enjoy climbing about myself!).
We go soon after breakfast and take snacks for the journey home, so we don't stay long enough to need any food (which admittedly doesn't look particularly appealing), and our local one always seems clean enough to me, perhaps because we tend to visit in the morning.
Do you like taking the children to soft play?